Thursday, June 23, 2011

A New Project.


  As you know, I am currently taking classes at Brigham Young University.  One of the classes I'm in is on the first half of the Book of Mormon.  As a part of our grade, we were asked to come up with our own self-directed project.  The purpose of this project is to help us "to act rather than just being acted upon." It is to help us to become a better  disciple of Christ by taking what we know and applying it to who we want to become.  So while trying to think of what I would do for my project, I thought of what I wanted to get out of it and how it would be effective.
  The theme of our class is taking the Book of Mormon and making it our story too.  The idea is that the words in this prophetic book are not just HISTORY but OUR story too; I decided to incorporate this message into my project.  Over the next few weeks I will discuss what I'm learning in each of the blocks of reading and how it applies to our lives.  Within each section, I will be discussing specific scripture that is relate-able to us today.  My purpose for this is not only deepen my understanding, but also yours.  I hope to help those of you who are unfamiliar with the Book of Mormon to gain an understanding of it and those who are familiar with it, a different perspective.   I would love some feedback and encourage questions!  I invite you and hope that you will join me on my journey through the Book of Mormon and the lives of the wonderful prophets within!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog. It's so uplifting and I found myself scrolling back a couple of pages to read :)

    I loved going to BYU. It had it's ups and downs...but the atmosphere couldn't be better. I loved taking religion classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it and even happier that you went and read some oldies :) I have to agree, the atmosphere at BYU is the best!

    ReplyDelete