Friday, April 1, 2011

...And I'm a Mormon

I was born in Beverly Hills, California on August 6, 1991.  When I was eight years old, I moved to Phoenix, Arizona.  I've got 3 handsome brothers, 2 wonderful mothers and a perfect father (My parents were divorced when I was three, no polygamy here).  I'm a 19 year old sophomore at Arizona State University majoring in business marketing...although that might be changing.  I'm a walking contradiction.  I'm the laziest person you'll meet but I love to be active (I started dancing when I was nine and consider it one of my passions).  I have a shopping addiction, but no money (I work at J.Crew so that probably doesn't help my problem).  I'm not picky, but I can never make up my mind (it's a terrible habit really).  I love dressing up, but hate getting ready (funny considering one's not possible without the other).  I'm just a little girl but I have a huge heart (or at least I try).  I'm crazy, fun and have the best friends in the whole wide world.  My name is Kristin Roa, and I'm a mormon. 

Incase you're wondering (or not at all since the title of my blog says it all) I haven't always been LDS.  If you asked my friends about me becoming mormon some will tell you it was the biggest mistake of my life, others will tell you I've never been happier (but we'll talk about that later).  Truth is, I'm obsessed with the church.  Deciding to get baptized was the best decision I've ever made!  I'm sure you're thinking this is great and all but what's the point of this blog?  WELL, I'm here to tell you about my conversion process and how the church has truly changed my life.  Why am I doing this?  To let other converts or investigators know they're not alone, help others understand why people make this decision and inspire you to want to learn more.  My only request? Have an open mind. 

Oh and if you do decide to investigate the church (which I hope you do, because it's amazing) get ready for your life to get SO MUCH better. 

P.S. special thanks to my best friend, Courtney Fowler for staying up all night helping me design this blog and dressing me up for work.  Need some style tips? Check her out.  courtneycloset.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Kristin! What a great first post! SO cute! I am sure your words will inspire many! You are witty and relatable, readers everywhere will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! what a great idea. I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO adorable! I love this concept, what a perfect blog idea! :) I cannot wait to follow...Welcome to the blogging world and fyi...you have now checked into The Pocket Inn :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete