Saturday, May 21, 2011

#goodthingtheMayanswerewrong #weknewitallalong


So the world was supposed to end today?  Obviously it didn't.  I didn't actually believe it, but I do have a confession... I had a dream last night that was extremely realistic and a little scary.  All of a sudden the sky clouded over and the house I was in sunk into the ground.  Then I was faced before Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I couldn't actually see them but I knew that it was them and that I was asking for their mercy and forgiveness.  I was terrified but then suddenly we returned to the house and everything was fine.   It turns out it was more like an evaluation and not the final judgement.  Whooosh.  I woke up terrified.  Obviously that's not what is going to happen when the world does end, but it was still scary.  The first thing I did was pray for comfort, knowledge, and forgiveness for all my sins.  Next, I studied the Second Coming in the scriptures.  Here are some things you should know about the Second Coming so we don't get fooled again.

No one knows when it will happen.  Don't let those billboards fool you, no one besides our Heavenly Father knows when the second coming will happen. (D&C 49:7)  While the specific time has not been revealed, the Lord has revealed events and signs that will precede His Second Coming.
    • There will be an apostasy from gospel truth (Matthew 24:9-12)
    • The gospel will be restored (Acts 3:19-21)
    • Restoration of Priesthod Keys (Malachi 4:5-6)
    • Coming forth of the Book of Mormon (Isaiah 29:4-18)
    • Preaching of the gospel throughout the world (Matthew 24:14)
    • Time of wickedness, war and turmoil (Matthew 24:6-7)
    • There will be signs in heaven AND earth (Matthew 24:29-30
The Second Coming marks the beginning of the millennium, which for the wicked will be a fearful and mournful time but for the righteous it will be a day of peace.  Looking at the list above, you'll notice that a lot of the signs have already come to pass.  This might seem a little scary, but don't be afraid.  Choose the right, stick to the straight and narrow and you'll be fine.  

1 comment:

  1. I totally think the second coming is in our life time. I don't know when but I think we will be here. Crazy amazing!! It makes me excited!

    ReplyDelete