Friday, August 5, 2011

PORTUGAL!

My best friend just opened up her mission call and found out she will be serving in the Portugal Lisbon mission...I may or may not be more excited than she is!
Ok... maybe not more excited, but I definitely can not stop smiling and decided I needed to blog about this glorious announcement!

Sister Whitney Nelson and I have been friends since we were about 10 years old  and since I'm turning 20 tomorrow, that means we've been friends for about 10 years!  Not only is she gorgeous, but she has the biggest heart ever.  Whitney is always thinking of others and looking for ways to brighten their day.  She will truly be a light to Portugal's world.  I am so excited for her to have this opportunity and I know she will be incredible.    

Although we're basically the same age, I've always looked up to Whitney...and no, not just because she's taller than me.  I remember shortly after becoming friends, she started calling me "mini me" and it's stuck ever since.  Honestly though, I wish I was half the woman she is.  (haha I'm trying to be sentimental but I am cracking up because all I can think about is our size and how literal those statements can be taken haha)  She is one of the strongest girls I know, physically and emotionally.  She is beyond beautiful and feminine, but knows how to be a man and isn't afraid to try anything. She has this confidence about herself that is so desirable.  Not only that, but when she sets a goal for herself, she is so diligent in accomplishing it.  She'll probably hate that I'm saying this; but she won Miss AZ Teen USA her first time ever competing!  She is amazing and perfect in every way!


When I was investigating the church, Whitney was the one who brought me to single's ward for the first time.  She was so helpful in my conversion process, she never pushed the church on me but was always open to talking about it when I brought it up.  Her special testimony was a great example to me and I know it will touch the lives of many in Portugal.  I could go on and on about her, but I'll spare you for now because I'm know I'll rant about her again soon.  Sister Whitney Nelson will enter the MTC on December 14th so I'll be sure to keep you updated!



(P.S. I'm writing this from Canada!  I'll fill you in tomorrow :) )

1 comment: