Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Adventure & Lots of Facts

 Greetings From...
The Beehive State
I have officially left the state of Arizona and am now starting a new adventure in the wonderful city of Provo.  For those of you that are unfamiliar with Provo, here are some facts!
  • It is the 3rd largest city in Utah
  • It lies at an elevation of 4,549 feet
  • It's average temperature for the months of June, July and August rests in the low 90's
  • As of 2010, they have a population of 112,488
  • In 2009, it was listed in the "Where to Retire" Magazine as an "enticing city for new careers"
  • It is home to the Missionary Training Center and Brigham Young University

That last fact is the reason I have moved.  I will be attending BYU for the summer to see how I like it.  If I like it, I will most likely stay and graduate from here.  I am so excited to start school and experience this great university!  Here are some things to know about BYU...
  • It is a private university operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
  • It is the 3rd largest private university in the United States with more than 32,000 students
  • About 98% of the students are LDS
So as you can see, this is a BIG change from ASU, but I couldn't be happier about it.  ASU is great, but I'm ready for something new and I can't wait to see what BYU has to offer.  Not only that, but being in the midst of so many members will help me learn so much and grow as a saint.  I can't wait to share my experiences with all of you and hope that I become inspired with lots of topics to discuss!

As if attending BYU wasn't good enough, here are some other reasons I'm so happy to be in Provo...
I get to live with my fabulous best friend, Whitney Nelson
We have such a cute little house with the sweetest roommates! I will post more pictures later.

Trips to Salt Lake to see this...


this...

..and this!


1 comment:

  1. I'll be in my office at the Joseph smith building beginning June 27. Come say hi!

    ReplyDelete